THE POPE, AHIARA DIOCESE AND THE BISHOPRIC SAGA.


(the parable of the masquerade)

In Igboland, it is generally believed that the village masquerade is the spirit of our ancestors who comes to earth annually to interact and celebrate with us. This belief is held sacred and sacrosanct in all corners of igboland.
In my hometown (Orodo), the secret of the masquerade and those behind the mask is only known to those intiated into the Masquerade Secret Society (iwa ukwu na ekwe). Nobody ever attempts to expose this secret or try to unmask the masquerade in presence of women and the uninitiated. It is an abormination to do so, and the offender will be dealt with, squarely and decisively.

In the year 2006, something unsual happened.
My then girlfriend decided to pay me a visit in my village, and it was during the Masquerade festival. We agreed to meet at my village square before heading to my Love Garden (lol). When i got to the square, i saw her on a byke coming towards my direction. But before she could reach where i parked, a big masquerade came out from nowhere and double crossed the byke. The bykeman stopped and started pleading with the masquerade (ozuo) to allow him drop his passenger, but the Ozuo refused. When i saw what was happening, i smiled and walked toward them. Being an intiated member of the masquerade society, i was confident that my girl was in safe hands. I asked the girl to come down from the byke and i paid the bykeman off.
Now, i started talking to the Ozuo, hailing him and jokingly pleading with him to clear road for me and my Shawty. To my greatest shock and embarrassment, the Ozuo refused. In fact, he threatened to flog my girl if i didnt offer him #200. Haba!!! What?!! I was so shocked and annoyed that i nearly called him his name. Well, for the sake of peace and for the fact that my girl was already shivering with fear, i gave the Ozuo #100. But, again, he refused! I dared him to do his worst. When i turned my back to walk toward my car with my girl, he raised his cane and flogged her across her legs. Haaaa! This is an 'aka ewe na ofe'.
I took my girl to the car, locked the door, and walked back to the Ozuo for a serious showdown. The Ozuo stood his ground. I immediately looked around and saw the many faces of kids and women peeping behind the windows and doors of the shops in the village square. There was no need to expose ourselves at the square. I held back my anger. It was very difficult to do that, but i did. I whispered the Ozuo's real name and he called my name. I told him that i will deal with him and he said in a gluttering voice 'you will do nothing'. I left. Well, that incident nearly spoiled my day.

In the night of that same day, i told my father what happened and my plan to go and slug it out with 'ikechukwu'. Then my Dad asked me how i knew it was 'Ikechukwu' that was behind the mask. I told him that i was so sure that it was 'Ikechukwu'. My Dad asked again, if while fighting with Ikechukwu, the women and the uninitiated in his compound comes to ask what the problem is, what will i tell them. I kept quiet. My Dad told me that i have only two options:
*** Since Ikechukwu ( Cardinal Arinze) is my big brother and i cant physically beat him in a fight, so as a member of the Masquarade society, i can equally go behind a mask and ambush his innocent wife (the catholic church) and flog the shit outta her.
*** I also have the option of channeling my grievance to the Head of the Masquerade society (the Pope) and allow him to deal with Ikechukwu without exposing the secrets of the cult and bringing the sacredness of the Masquarade in utter disrepute.

I took the second option and the case was settled amicably.

Nde Mbaise is desperately trying to unmask our Holy See. They should know that the consequences will be so dire if the mother of the unmasked spirit comes out in the dead of the night to mourn her 'murdered' son.

A word is enough for the wise.

THE POPE, AHIARA DIOCESE AND THE BISHOPRIC SAGA. THE POPE, AHIARA DIOCESE AND THE BISHOPRIC SAGA. Reviewed by DLSBF on Saturday, June 17, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thank you

Powered by Blogger.