Uber driver, 5 others arrested over the murder of Gulder Ultimate Search winner, Hector .

An Uber cab driver is among six suspects arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of the former Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) winner, Hector Jobarteh.
.
.
It will be recalled that Hector, 38, was shot dead at his Oko-Oba residence on September 4, shortly after returning from the Lapos Airport, where he went to pick up a sibling. .
.
Lagos State Police Commissioner, Imohimi Edgal, yesterday, said the driver conveyed the suspected killers, while the others were found with the victim’s cell phone. .
.
He noted that one of the suspects was still at large and that efforts were on to arrest him, giving the names of the arrested suspects as Igana, 28; John, 26; Adekunle, 19; Madu, 24; Adeyemi, 20, and Adekunle, 25. .
.
Igana, the driver, said he had driven some men, who threatened him with a gun, to Abeokuta but never knew that they were killers. His words: “I was looking for an Android phone when my brother, Valentine, linked me with one JK. .
.
It was JK that called me to drive them to Yaba from Cement and I was paid N8,000, after I had charged them N10,000. The next day, JK called me again to take them to Abeokuta and I charged them N20,000. .
.
On the way, we stopped at Sango and two other men joined us. We later stopped by at a nearby bush and JK ordered one of the men to bring out a nylon bag which had a gun inside. .
.
That was when I tried running away, but I was threatened and ordered back into the car. I was later arrested through my younger brother, who had gone to sell a stolen phone later identified as the victim’s phone.” .
.
On his part, another suspect, John, claimed that he did not know anything about the robbery operation, saying he only needed an android phone for his personal use. He said: “It was someone who introduced me to Madu at the Computer Village. .
.
After negotiation, I bought the phone from him. The next thing was I saw Police, who came to arrest me, at my house at Ojodu Berger. I don’t even know how they located my house. I don’t know anything about the phone. I only bought it from Madu."

Uber driver, 5 others arrested over the murder of Gulder Ultimate Search winner, Hector . Uber driver, 5 others arrested over the murder of Gulder Ultimate Search winner, Hector . Reviewed by DLSBF on Friday, September 15, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thank you

Powered by Blogger.